AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION
Eye care without compromise
WHAT IS AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION (AMD)?
AMD is a degeneration of the central portion of the retina, called the macula, that occurs in older age. It usually affects people over the age of 60 and is caused either by abnormal blood vessels growing into the macula (wet AMD) or by the retinal cells naturally starting to die off and not being renewed (dry AMD).
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION (AMD)
The macula is the part of the retina that we use for central vision, so people who suffer from AMD usually find that reading becomes difficult, colours become less vibrant and faces are more difficult to recognise. It can occur suddenly, but most people experience a slow change in their vision, with one eye more affected than the other.
HOW TO MANAGE AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION (AMD)
People who smoke, have a poor diet, have Dry Eyes or have a family history of AMD are at a higher risk of developing the condition. As an age-related condition, it is difficult to prevent, but you can support your overall eye health and vision by eating a good, balanced diet, as well as taking nutritional supplements for your eyes. If you find that your vision is becoming poorer, visit your optometrist, who can easily check for signs of AMD.
Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a healthy, balanced diet. People who are taking any medication or are pregnant or breastfeeding should always seek professional advice before taking any dietary supplements.
AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATION: EYE CARE WITHOUT COMPROMISE
If you’ve noticed the quality of your vision decreasing or find colours are becoming less vibrant, visit an eye expert who will be able to check for signs of AMD. In the meantime, there are some common signs and symptoms to look out for.
NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS FOR AMD
Eating a diet that is rich in Omega — 3 fatty acids may help protect against the development of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). This can be obtained from the diet by eating oily fish, such as salmon, mackerel and sardines. You can also support your intake with specially formulated supplements.
Nutrof® Total is Europe’s number 1 eye health multivitamin, developed by a premium comprehensive formula to help make sure your eyes have the right nutritional intake. Our eye nutrition supplement helps maintain healthy eyes and vision as you get older and/or if you smoke.
Support with Nutrof® Total 2mg:
- The total multivitamin formula for eye health and vision
- Just one, easy-to- swallow capsule per day
- The Fish Oil in Nutrof® Total is of the highest grade, containing 231mg of pure Omega‑3
- Nutrof® Total are opaque eye nutrition supplement capsules in blister packaging – providing maximum protection from oxidation for the fish oil
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin are two pigments (carotenoids) essential for protecting the retina from oxidative stress and signs of aging that can be found in the Nutrof® Total multivitamin capsules.
- Resveratrol is a compound produced by plants, particularly vines, but also found in berries and nuts. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, and has been shown to protect retinal cells from oxidative stress
- Nutrof® Total multivitamin capsules contain Vitamins E and C, Zinc and Copper that contribute to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative damage
- Selenium is a key antioxidant and supports the action of Vitamin E and Zinc that can be found in Nutrof® Total.
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Nutrof ® Total is devised and manufactured in accordance with the ISO 9001 quality management system
- Nutrof® Total is a dietary supplement and cannot replace a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle
The daily recommendation of ONE Nutrof® Total capsule contains:
Vitamins and Antioxidants
- Vitamin C 60mg
- Vitamin D3 5µg
- Vitamin E 10mg
- Zinc 10mg
- Copper 500µg
- Selenium 25µg
- Lutein 10mg
- Zeaxanthin 2mg
- Resveratrol 1mg.
Nutrof® Total is a dietary multivitamin supplement and cannot replace a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Nutrof® Total is a premium comprehensive formula that has been specially developed to help you make sure your eyes have the correct nutritional intake, it can help to maintain healthy eyes and vision, particularly as you get older and/or if you smoke.
EXPERT CARE GUARANTEED
Thea is a company dedicated to eye care and to supporting the education of professionals involved in all aspects of eye health.
We are uncompromising in our approach to developing the best eye care solutions that won’t damage or irritate eyes.